Vixar is seeking an experienced product development professional to help drive growth of the company.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in a commercial optoelectonic product development role
- An advanced degree, or equivalent experience in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of optoelectronic components, optical design, packaging and related board and circuit design (i.e. drive and receive circuitry)
- Familiarity with electronic and optical test equipment: oscilloscopes, pattern generators, RF amplifiers, free space optics (lenses, beam splitters, polarizers, etc), optical fibers, laser drivers, receivers/photodetectors
- Experience with printed circuit board design, RF design and simulation, mechanical and thermal analysis of component sub-assemblies
- A disciplined approach to project management, product development and problem solving
- Translate customer requirements into a set of product specifications
- Design products based upon our optoelectronic components, i.e. packages or boards which could include the laser, driver, lens, detector and/or amplification circuits
- Develop test and performance specifications and documents for new products. This includes test plans, process specifications and tolerances.
- Develop customer support materials, including data sheets, application notes, and evaluation boards
- Provide technical support to customers